Traffic Collisions Are Scary…
It doesn’t matter if you’re at fault or if you weren’t–auto accidents are absolutely terrifying as you are probably worried about your safety, the safety of possible passengers, and the cost of fixing your automobile. Luckily, we have many years of experience as South Carolina Car Accident Attorneys, and have created a short list of things to absolutely remember to do if you find yourself in this situation.
- Call 9-1-1.
- If you or others are not injured, move off the road
- Do not move the car
- Do not leave the scene of the accident (you could be charged with a hit and run, if you do)
- Use your cell phone to take pictures and notes of:
- The scene
- Both cars
- Any witnesses (and their notes on what happened)
- Skid marks (if applicable)
- License plates, names, and phone numbers of witnesses or bystanders (of applicable)
- Anything else that may help your case
- Do NOT talk about your case to anyone other than the officer and your attorney
- DO NOT TALK TO THE CLAIMS/INSURANCE ADJUSTER
- Tell any passengers (if applicable) to not talk to the adjuster as well
- Seek medical treatment (if applicable)
- Talk to an Auto Accident Attorney
- Download our app on your phone if you need help remembering these or need to speak to an attorney immediately
We’ve Been Doing This For Years
Please take our advice on what to do after an auto accident, and please contact us immediately to let us help you in this confusing and stressful time.